Tuesday, August 5, 2008

NOMS Friend Day

Today has been declared national Not Of My Species (NOMS) Friend day by THE CAT REALM.
We are all important beings in the world and we should all be friends. I have several NOMS in my family, although they do not have blogs of their own I would like to introduce you to them.

First off we have The Berd, who's name is Samuel. Here she is pretending that she is an outdoor wild berd, her wings had just been clipped so the peepul thought it would be fun to take her outside.
Samuel came to live with my peepul a long time ago, her gotcha day was in January 2001. She likes to come out of the cage and sit on their shoulder, but I like to look at her too closely and make her nervous. She hisses at me when I get too close.

Next is Phinnigan, he's a beta phish, he came to live with the peepul last September. He travelled all the way from Colorado to California with his house in a lunch cooler in May. He's pretty cool to look at: Unfortunately we cannot find the good phish pictures on the computers, but he is shown in my side bar to the right. Sorry.

I also have some long distance NOMS friends. They all live in Maine with my mums family.
The newest member is Casper, he's a baby Westie puppy and he's pretty darn cute. He lives with my Grammie and Grampa, he has only been there about 3 weeks and they love him to bits.

My Grammie and Grampa have a berd too, his name is Prince and is a Lady Gouldian Finch, he has a ploomage of many colors.
There is another dawg in my long distance family. His name is Rocco and he is my cousin, he belongs to my Auntie Heidi and cousin Kaleb. He's a goober of a dawg, he's only 1 year old and is this big, he is part yellow lab and part golden retriever.
I have other cat family in Maine too, also in North Carolina, but they are my species so they don't qualify for this post. I hope you have enjoyed meeting my long distance NOMS friends and family members.

8 comments:

Mickey's Musings said...

Hi Willie!!! That is a great post!! I love all your NOMS friends!! It is so c ool to see all the different types of species that cats have as friends!
Thank you for sharing yours!!
Purrs Mickey

Motor Home Cats said...

Willie, those are great NOMS friends and family members. We like that you have birdie, fishie and doggie friends.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

You have good NOMS friends!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Wow! You have lots of NOMS friends!

LZ said...

Your birdie looks EXACTLY like the Woman's birdie Pop-Corn who she loved and adored for 12 years. She was a cool birdie, I met her a few times. She made a cool noise that sounded like "reeet" that was like purring.

We have so many relatives in Maine too!! We don't know them at all though because they are the Woman's cousin's animals. Mostly woofies.

Chase

PB 'n J said...

What great NOMS friends! I'd be afraid to have a bird friend, most of the birds I know are called "snack"!

Bert

The Florida Furkids said...

What a nice group of NOMS friends you have.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

The Crew said...

Oh my goodness, Casper is a darling! And he might be just about your size so could be a fine NOMS friend.

Secret Paws 2023- a delayed review

 Hi furrends!! Buckwheat here for our annual Secret Paws thank you blog post.  This year we traded gifts with BJ Bangs and crew. Thanks to t...