Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thank you Veterans

Today is Veterans day, when we remember all of the veterans who have fought in wars for our freedom. If it wasn't for them, we in the USA would not have many of the things that we have. I know some veterans and I know of some who have passed away. My Great Grampa Lt. John A. Ruksznis was in World War II in the Army, my other Great Grampa Bud Stanchfield was also in WWII in the Navy, my other Great Grampa Leon Pope was in WWII as well, my Great Grampa Snapp I think was in WWII too(historical correction: I learned that he was not after all) My Mum was in the Air Force but didn't serve during a war, so technically she is not a Veteran, but we should thank her anyway. My favorite Veteran is my Wresslin Buddy, he is serving in the Air Force now during the current war, he also was in Saudi Arabia after the first Gulf War, so as a way to thank him, I have dressed up as him, they say that imitation is the best way to show someone how great you think they are right? Thank you Wresslin Buddy for being the best Veteran I know!!

3 comments:

PB 'n J said...

What a great way to honor your Wrestling Buddy! Three cheers for all our men and women in green (and blue too)!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

That is a wonderful tribute!

Motor Home Cats said...

That is a great tribute to your daddy Willie. We want to send our thanks to him and your Mommy because we know she "joined" too when she married your daddy.

Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

Secret Paws 2023- a delayed review

 Hi furrends!! Buckwheat here for our annual Secret Paws thank you blog post.  This year we traded gifts with BJ Bangs and crew. Thanks to t...