Sunday, January 10, 2016

Grandpaw came to see me

This was a fun weekend, my Grandpaw finally came down to see our new house.  He had a funeral in Georgia to attend so he spent the night with us on his way home to North Catolina. Grammie didn't come with him though, I would have liked to see her, but I totally understand her not wanting to ride in the 4 wheeled machine all the way there and all the way back, I would have stayed home too. 

It was nice to see the Grandpaw, even though I wasn't outwardly friendly, I know Mum and WB were happy that he came to stay.  He brought some new smells with him, so I enjoyed inspecting his stuff.  He tried real hard to be friends with me, but I don't warm up to others overnight like that, maybe if he stayed a little longer like when my Uncle Jeff comes down, I may have even sat with him.  I did let him pet me a few times, and I didn't hiss once, so that was progress on my part.

As it was, I stayed upstairs in the the peepul bed all night while they all had TV time. This morning I was around for breakfast, but mostly just let him look at me.

Here I am, standing by his neat smelling stuff.


Here I am, being disappointed that I wasn't invited to give him the tour of the back yard.

After he left this morning, I was able to relax and shed the tough guy face to have all the lap time with Mum in the desk chair, then later on the couch to watch football.

I hope you all had a pleasant weekend.  

As a side note: Mum was really happy about the Steelers winning last night, but I think I'm going to support those Catolina Panthers, since they are cats and they have that cool Sir Purr the Panther for a mascot. 


6 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Sounds like a nice weekend, William!

Mariodacat said...

Good idea to support the Panthers. You want to get on the good side of them.

Unknown said...

Weez glad you let yous gwampaw pet ya'. We don't have one of those but we hear they offen give treats. Maybe next time he visits you'll warm up a bit and see ifin he be bearin' treats. Have a gweat day.

Luv ya'

Dezi and Lexi

http://dezizworld.com

The Island Cats said...

It sounds like you had a pretty good weekend with your Grandpaw.

meowmeowmans said...

What a nice weekend you had with your Grandpaw, William! :)

Just Ducky said...

Nice you got to see your Grandpaw.

Secret Paws 2023- a delayed review

 Hi furrends!! Buckwheat here for our annual Secret Paws thank you blog post.  This year we traded gifts with BJ Bangs and crew. Thanks to t...